ESSENTIAL OILS 101
Have you heard about how essential oils may create a relaxing environment in your home? I’m always looking for ways to do THAT! Sometimes it just isn’t appropriate to pop a bottle of wine or that relaxing bath soak just isn’t in the cards. Just one drop from a bottle of essential oils can change everything for me!
Have you ever moved into a new home before? Well, you know how when you move you go to the grocery store and stock the fridge and pantry with all the essentials? Things like ketchup, mustard,, salt, pepper, and garlic powder? Young Living has made getting started with essential oils incredibly simple and economical by creating the Premium Starter Kit. Just like you’d run to the grocery store to get your home set up with the basics, the PSK sets you up the same way.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
With all the buzz around essential oils right now, I’m sure you’ve heard people you know talking about how awesome they are. You may be wondering, though, what ARE they, actually? They are literally the oil extracted from the plant, usually through steam distillation. When oils are distilled very carefully, they can be incredible powerful for supporting our emotions and body functions.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Each drop of essential oil contains countless molecules so tiny they can enter every cell of your body and some even cross the blood-brain barrier. Woah! Right? They are able to support our wellness in profound ways at a cellular level; cleansing, oxygenating and regenerating. There is no body function or system that is out of reach to be supported and regulated by essential oils.
HOW DO WE USE THEM?
There are three primary ways to use essential oils:
INTERNALLY | TOPICALLY | AROMATICALLY
Place 2-3 drops of essential oil into a gelatin capsule and swallow with water.
Add a couple drops of oil to your food or drink.
Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to your water or NingXia Red for a boost.
Since our skin is the largest organ of our body, applying directly to the skin is a great way to work oils into the body. Topical application can offer an enjoyable, relaxing and healing experience.
Transform your home, workplace, or hotel room into your personal oasis! With our elegantly designed diffusers, you can infuse essential oils into any setting, and create a spa-like experience anywhere life takes you!
QUALITY IS EVERYTHING
What makes Young Living oils so special?
3 words: Seed to Seal – It’s a Promise to you and your family.
- Young Living has a seed to seal guarantee and promise. They abide by very strict guidelines to fulfill their promise to send pure products to your home.
- Their farms and partner farms abide by strict standards.
- They select the strongest seeds from strong thriving plants.
- They hand-weed and use their own oils on plants for pest control to avoid the use of toxic chemicals.
- They harvest at peak times to ensure quality oils.
- They distill on site without chemicals.
- They test every batch. If it doesn’t meet their standards because of weather conditions or for any other reason, they do not bottle it up.
All of these factors make a huge difference in quality and effectiveness.
Check out more about their Seed to Seal promise at www.seedtoseal.com
ARE THEY SAFE?
1. Store them in a cool, dark place with lids secure to maintain their properties.
2. Keep a carrier oil, like YL’s V6 oil complex or coconut oil, on hand to dilute.
3. Always use glass containers with your oils, especially when drinking, since plastics contain chemicals that the oils will break down.
4. Only use YL’s Vitality line internally. These are labeled just for internal use to make it easy!
5. For those with sensitive skin, it may be best to test a small area and wait 30 minutes before applying more.
6. Keep oils away from eyes and never put them directly in your ears. Should oils irritate or get near the eyes, use a carrier oil (like YL’s V6 oil complex or coconut oil) to remove the oil and lessen discomfort. NEVER use water.
7. Citrus oils are photosensitive, and may cause a rash or darkening of skin if applied before direct sun exposure.
8. Those with epilepsy or high blood pressure should use caution when using high-ketone oils like basil, rosemary, sage or tansy.
9. Generally, the bottom of the feet is a very safe place to apply your oils.
THE BEST WAY TO GET STARTED
THE PREMIUM STARTER KIT
Without a doubt, the only way I ever recommend getting started oiling is with the Premium Starter Kit, it comes with all of this:
🌿11 bottles of oils
THIEVES, LAVENDER, PANAWAY, PURIFICATION, NORTHERN LIGHTS BLACK SPRUCE, PEPPERMINT, LEMON, FRANKINCENSE, DIGIZE, COPAIBA, & RC
🌿 The Dew Drop Diffuser
🌿Ningxia Red packets (an amazing antioxidant whole-body nutrient infusion juice/supplement)
🌿Sample bottles and essential oil sample packs to share with your friends
🌿A bottle of Thieves Hand Purifier for your purse or child’s backpack
🌿The wholesale pricing, 24% discount on all of Young Living products for life
For the record, there are NO yearly or monthly fees to be a lifetime member. None! Our starter kit was a one-and-done deal. We are now wholesale members for life!
So, are you ready? Are you ready to take the next step in your health journey and get started with these amazing oils for you and your family? If you’re answer is yes, then I invite you to take the plunge and fill your home with the Starter Kit oils and all they have to offer!
Watch the Essential Oils 101 Slideshow